Wine Escapade to Utiel-Requena
Just outside of Valencia is the beautiful wine region of Utiel-Requena; well-known in Spain for its red Bobal wines and excellent sparkling wines known as Cava. This is a tour which caters to wine enthusiasts and even to those with a basic understanding of wine. We will get out into the breathtaking Valencian countryside where we will discover a boutique family bodega (or winery), discover some of the wine-maker’s secrets, and have a sampling of the best local wines and Cavas coupled with local snacks. This is more than just a wine tour, as we will explore the citadel of Requena with its friendly people, winding streets, castle, tunnels and caves.
- Relaxed excursion to the wine region of Utiel-Requena
- An in-depth visit to Valencia’s best winery guided by the wine-maker
- Samplings of their best wines and Cavas
- Tasting of local olive oil with regional snacks
- Private English-Spanish speaking guide and interpreter
- Walking tour of the Requena citadel and charming narrow streets
Duration: 7 hours (9:00 am to 4:oo pm)
Price: €99 per person incl. transport, city centre pickup and drop off, visit and tasting at the winery, tour of citadel
We work in small, private groups. If you are booking for more than 4 people, please contact us for special group prices.
This is a 7-hour day excursion and we will leave Valencia at 9:00 am and return to Valencia by 4:00 pm. We recommend that you bring comfortable shoes, and the necessary clothes depending on the season (sunscreen in the summer and a sweater or jacket during the winter). The wine region sits more than 700 metres above sea level and so the temperatures would be 5° C cooler than in Valencia. We will have time to explore each place as well as purchase wine if you so intend.
This is an easy walking and driven tour. The tour begins in Valencia city. If you have any limitation of mobility, please let us know in advance so we can make the needed arrangements.
We have your security and comfort in mind, and will provide all the necessary materials you need to have a stress-free and enjoyable experience in nature.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or vehicle with sufficient space between passengers
- Coaches are cleaned before and after each excursion
- Hand gel
- Parking or other entrance fees, local taxes
- Tour of the Requena old city
- Tastings of wines/sparkling wines
- Complimentary snacks
- Visit to the winery with local vintner
- A fluent English and Spanish-speaking guide
- Lunch (we do have the option to stop at a local restaurant)
- Masks: Please bring your own. However we will carry extra stock of masks with us in case you need one.
- Any extra wine or products you would like to purchase