Albarracín and Teruel: Forgotten Kingdoms
Immerse yourself in the world of Mudejar art, historical fortifications, decorated watch towers, legends, the pink mountain villages, the famous hot chocolate and mountain cuisine. An incredible way to spend the day in the heart of Spain, on this day excursion from Valencia.
The setting of Romeo and Juliet’s Spanish equivalent “Los Amantes de Teruel”, the region of Teruel climbs high above the sea and strikes you with its vast wheat fields and sunflowers. The city of Teruel is surrounded by a medieval wall and dotted with unique square towers with unparalleled views over the city. Then a drive into the countryside and through the mountains to see what is believed to be the most beautiful village in Spain, Albarracin. Nestled on a high hill over the river and flanked by 14th century walls, Albarracín stuns from whichever way you look at it. Enjoy local dishes such as cured meats in raisin wine or ‘patatas a lo pobre’.
- Discover the legend behind one of Shakespeare’s best known plays
- Learn all about Aragon, Mudejar art and architecture
- See Teruel’s famous brick and ceramic towers
- Taste one of the world’s best cured hams
- Drive under the imposing Roman Sagunto Fortress
- Visit the pink villages of the Sierra Albarracín mountain range
- Explore all the special corners of Spain’s most beautiful village
Includes Pickup and Drop off in Valencia
Duration: 10 hours (9:00 am till 7:00 pm)
Price: €99 per person including transport, pickup and drop off, visit to Teruel towers and city, Albarracín historical route and private guide.
We work in small, private groups. If you are booking for more than 4 people, please contact us for special group prices.
This is a 10-hour day excursion and we will leave Valencia at 9:00 am and return to Valencia by 7:00 pm. We recommend that you bring comfortable shoes and the necessary clothes depending on the season (sunscreen in the summer and a sweater or jacket during winter).
This is an easy-moderate walking and driven tour. The tour begins in Valencia city. If you have any limitation of mobility, please consider that this tour does involve walking over uneven spaces and climbing numerous steps.
We care about your comfort and security and have taken all the measures necessary to make your visit safe and stress-free.
- Small groups or private tours
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or vehicle with sufficient space between passengers
- Vehicles cleaned before and after each tour
- Hand gel and safety protocol
- Parking or other entrance fees, local taxes
- A fluent English and Spanish-speaking guide
- Lunch (we do have the option to stop at a local restaurant)
- Please bring your own face mask, however we will always have extra stock in case you need one.